Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank You, Jack White

Here was a quick one for the Rolling Stone's review of Jack White's new album, "Blunderbuss." I couldn't get an advanced copy of the music, but I got to re-listen to my collection of White Stripes music. It was just like being back in college. Jack White is on a short list of my all-time favorite musicians.


I'm going to buy the album when it comes out tomorrow. Here are sketches, some in-progress versions, and the final print version. My favorite is the icy blue version seen in the animated gif.

Thanks for reading,

Frank

9 comments:

Chris Whetzel said...

Great likeness; I agree that the blue version seems more appropriate with his new look.

puppetvector said...

uber coolness

Andy Christofi Illustration said...

Can't wait for this album! What a dream job!

Jacob Sanders said...

Great illustration!

Francisco Galárraga said...

Damn it Frank, you're an illustration GOD. Keep up the good work!

R.Dress said...

Great piece! Jack White has taken over rock and roll.

Handwritten Data Entry Services said...

Very cool work! Thanks for sharing!

blueblood said...

I love it! I am holding the printed Rolling Stone in my hands right now, but the printed colors are not as vibrant as on your site. It looks like there is an extra layer of shredded ribbon in the background as well so there must have been revisions after this post. JW is one of my alltime favorites as well and I think you did him justice!

Miguel - juegos gratis said...

Wow! it is art!